3rd Grade Classroom Lessons 2018-2019

3rd Grade Classroom Lessons 2018-2019

I teach a monthly counselor lesson in all 3rd grade classrooms with additional lessons as needed!

Third Grade

October: Weird Series- First book Weird! by Erin Frankel- discussion and activity related to roles in bullying situations- this book is from the point of view of the target

November: Dare! by Erin Frankel- discussion and activity related to the point of view of the bystander

December: Tough! by Erin Frankel- discussion and activity related to the point of view of the person doing the bullying behavior

January: Taking Responsibility- Read But It’s Not My Fault! by Julia Cook and activity helping students restate problems to take responsibility for actions

February: Introduce the Peace Walk mat- how to resolve conflicts by truly listening to each other and agreeing on a solution

March: Empathy: Stand in My Shoes by Bob Sornson and powerpoint about Perspective Taking using optical illusions and relatable scenarios to practice how to show empathy and compassion

April: Personal Body Safety lessons, review what personal body safety is, how we keep ourselves safe in multiple ways and how and who to tell if you need help

May: TBD, separate post to come!